What data/metrics do you want in the Monitor Dashboard?

Lola Groppi

• Employee

Hey EUCers,

Design wants to hear your opinion on what metrics/information you'd like to access on the Monitor page in Horizon 8 (picture below). By "Horizon 8" we mean: On-Prem, not connected to the Cloud.

Some examples:

• End user sessions and consumption?
  • Infrastructure health and availability?

Share your ideas, sky's the limit!

Horizon 8 Leo.png

• Like 2

It would be nice to see which application are being used in the session status bar graph. 

Many of my customers have a lot of applications on an RDS Farm that is load balanced and it would be nice to see which applications are being used right on the monitor page like how it shows RDS hosts and desktops are used but something for the apps in more details on a per app basis.

If there was a way to see the current load of each RDS host on the monitor page that would a nice to have.

• Insightful 1

vExpert | EUC Expert

Blog theDXT.ca

40 minutes ago, Lola Groppi said:

@Daniel Keer that makes sense! Thanks for sharing! Up to how many apps would you like to see here? With a bar graph there's likely a limit...or is there a different type of graph that you'd like for App Usage?

I'm probably the worst person to ask about UX design lol.

But maybe if it was limited to a few apps and when you create the application there was like a check box that said show in monitor dashboard or something or it like auto showed the most used apps.

• Like 1

vExpert | EUC Expert

Blog theDXT.ca

• Employee
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dominik said:

Hello,

Maybe it is possible to put data about worst RTT form users? 

@Dominik OHH I wouldn't have of RTT - tell me more....what specific metrics for RTT would you like?

Edited by Lola Groppi

• Employee
On 6/20/2024 at 8:19 AM, Daniel Keer said:

I'm probably the worst person to ask about UX design lol.

But maybe if it was limited to a few apps and when you create the application there was like a check box that said show in monitor dashboard or something or it like auto showed the most used apps.

I can't design worth a crap, so I feel that! Luckily you and I just get to request what we want and someone else makes it 🙂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lola Groppi said:

@Dominik OHH I wouldn't have of RTT - tell me more....what specific metrics for RTT would you like?

I think most important thing is detect biggest RTT in connected users, because admin will can specify network problems on user site. 

I'm still thinking what else will be useful on dashboard. 

Dominik Jakubowski

EUC Expert  | vExpert
VDI Ninja

https://vdesktop.ninja