Client Custom Executables question

Does anyone have experience with using this? 

https://docs.omnissa.com/bundle/UnifiedAccessGatewayDeployandConfigureV2312/page/Clientcustomexecutables.html

I’m looking to use this feature with deploying the ControlUp Remote DX plugin but I’m running into issues. 

This works perfectly fine with Windows but I’m having issues attempting it on MacOS. I’ve worked with ControlUp and Omnissa support but both are pointing fingers at each other.

The Mac Horizon client downloads the .pkg file successfully but it fails to proceed with the installation.  I can see the following errors in the Horizon client logs.

CdkPKG_DumpFile: Succeeded to expand pkg file '/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/VMware Horizon View Client/Code Cache/457dbbdf-4cc9-46ec-81ed-196113beb3ce/ControlUpRemoteDX-VMware.pkg'. Error is '(null)'
CdkPKG_GetFileInfo: App bundle id is '(null)' version is '(null)', name is 'DISTRIBUTION_TITLE'.
CdkPKG_GetFileInfo: Can't get product version or id or name.
CdkInstall_GetInfoAsync_block_invoke: Failed to get PKG file '/Users/admin/Library/Application Support/VMware Horizon View Client/Code Cache/457dbbdf-4cc9-46ec-81ed-196113beb3ce/ControlUpRemoteDX-VMware.pkg' installation information.
CdkInstallInfoCacheTask_SetInstallationFileInfo: assertion 'NULL != fileInfo->installedInfo.name' failed
CdkInstallInfoCacheTask_UpdateInstalledInfo: assertion '!cdk_str_empty0(installationInfo->id)' failed

Has anyone successfully deployed a .pkg to MacOS via this feature?  If so, what are you deploying?  Maybe I can compare a successful .pkg to the one that’s failing to help determine what’s missing.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic