M3 Apple silicon application update delete apps from laptops

malik

hello omnissa community.
Do you ever seen strange problem with  Apple Macbook laptops on M3 Apple silicon application assignment?
Only with M3 laptops. MacOS versions can be different on that laptops but probleme is same. 
When we update internal app version (for example Application ID - com.vmw.macos.Mattermost, com.vmw.macos.Chrome) app deleteing from M3 laptops , disappear from app list for them in HUB and UEM.
In DS log file we can see assignment error
System.ArgumentException: Either application identifier com.vmw.macos.Chrome is invalid or application not assigned to device
In HUB log file we can see server requested delete app.
If check app assignment profile settings we see that problem devices should be in preview device list but they are not. M3 devices are not good for some assignment filter.
I saw CRSVC-48979 - Enrolled macOS device was not getting assigned to the workflow and takes hours to get assigned in new version readme. Can this be the cause? What do you think ?

I have a guess UEM cannot recognize M3 la[tops as mac devices.
I checked Update_20240311_MACOS-4348 DeviceModelCustomScript.sql and found that M3 strings not contain model codes like all other Apple devices ( for example A3108 for iPhone 15 Pro Max)
Do you think it's ok? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi folks. I see we are in small and no so active community. it make me sad. Anyway please check new device model seed script (Update_20240723_AAPP-17417) and tell me is it OK all M3 Apple devices doesnt have t.ManufacturerModelNumber ? I suppose NULL values cause problems for my M3 device app assignment. Can Anybody help me? image.thumb.png.1d93e36ac7097b9426a5e7f33a7981f6.png

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings.

Sorry for the late reply. Maybe it will help someone else.

We had the same problem. As it turned out later, our support has already started adding devices (MacBook M3) for several months, for which support has not yet been added to MDM. At the same time, the devices were added without errors, and then the software uninstallation started randomly.

The solution is to execute SQL seed scripts to support new devices. And after that reenroll them again.

Support sent me a link where to get seed scripts - https://kb.omnissa.com/s/article/50103794?lang=en_US

The list of problematic devices can be obtained by querying the database:
select DeviceID, FriendlyName, DeviceUDID
from dbo.Device (nolock)
where DeviceModelID is NULL