Horizon Console times out too quickly

Horizon Connection server v8.11.0.22629722 w/ the Horizon Admin Console showing v2309.  Currently the console session times out too quickly.  I've seen several articles about adjusting the "Horizon Console Idle Session Timeout" and "Horizon Console Session and API Timeout" values in Global Settings, which I've done, and have set them both to 60 minutes.  I've restarted the connection servers but those settings seem to be ignored and at best I get 10 mins of idle time on the console before I have to login again.  Is this a known issue or am I missing a different way to configure the idle timeout value?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Employee

I have checked other versions of Horizon....8,9, 8.12 and do not see an issue with admin UI timeouts.

I do not have access to 8.11 right now.

Can you see anything in the Connection Server debug logs located in C:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\Logs for the time of the timeout being set ...or the isue occurring?

I see several entries like this:  "(SESSION:9381_***_6921) Client supports idle session handling. User idle timeout set to: never. Desktop SSO: enabled. Application SSO: enabled."  Not sure if that is referencing the admin console or not.

We have similar issues in our environment, worst of all is that it doesn't know when you're actively working on something (even moving between pages should be resetting the timer). The number of times our team has been configuring a new pool/updating something to have it freeze and force us to re-login is so frustrating. 

• Employee

@Anobix67 What isthe Horizon version you are running?

(SESSION:9381_***_6921)..... is for a desktop session @BillClark

You could lok for entries such as:

[REST_AUTH_LOGOUT_SUCESS] "User <ad.domain>\Username has logged out from Horizon Server REST API"
Or
[RestApiAuthFilter] Send response for /view-vlsi/rest/v1/logout elapsed time:<4> msecs
Or 
[EventLogger] Info_Event:[VLSI_USERLOGOFF_REST]

23 hours ago, Clifford O Rourke said:

@Anobix67 What isthe Horizon version you are running?

(SESSION:9381_***_6921)..... is for a desktop session @BillClark

Our environment is on 2309, for what that's worth, but has been this way largely since the migration to Horizon 8/the newer web interface (at least from what I remember).