Bug in UEM airwatch 24.2.0.10 ? Cannot create Pages/folders anymore in iOS Home Screen profile

Mike Walker

We had UEM updates a couple of weeks ago.

Recently I went to remove an app from a folder (on our iPhone fleet we have two folders on page 1) and on publishing the profile, both folders were GONE, all the apps were just scattered across the pages. 

Recreating folders in the profile (or a new copy of the profile, or indeed a new freshly made profile) results in the same problem; on publish, the "Dock" settings are still there, but Page switch is OFF and pages/folders are gone.

Anyone seen this before?  I'm trying to find the right link to file a support ticket on this....

• Employee
4 hours ago, Mike Walker said:

We had UEM updates a couple of weeks ago.

Recently I went to remove an app from a folder (on our iPhone fleet we have two folders on page 1) and on publishing the profile, both folders were GONE, all the apps were just scattered across the pages. 

Recreating folders in the profile (or a new copy of the profile, or indeed a new freshly made profile) results in the same problem; on publish, the "Dock" settings are still there, but Page switch is OFF and pages/folders are gone.

Anyone seen this before?  I'm trying to find the right link to file a support ticket on this....

Hi Mike,

I'm not particularly familiar with your current issue, not something I've seen before.  However, this KB has info for reaching support via phone or online ->

https://kb.omnissa.com/s/article/6000004

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the link!!

Broadcom support is having issues activating my account entitlements (promised "in 24 hrs" back on Thursday last week)... today they are seeing it still stuck on Pending - they have made a new ticket to get my account set up to submit Support Tickets and now promise resolution in "24-72 hours". So only then I will get to file the actual support ticket on the UEM bug that currently has 150 iPhones displaying the wrong home screen app locations...

Edited by Mike Walker

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up - current status is that folders cannot exist unless there is at least one app already assigned ON THE PAGE.

Once you have one (or several) apps assigned to the page, a folder can be created there, and it will appear after the spec'd apps. All remaining (unassigned) apps will cascade after the folder in alphabetical order. If the folder contains only apps that are not assigned to a particular user, then that user will not see the folder (it will be hidden for them).

In the previous incarnation folders could be spec'd without any app assigned to the page, and thus our old profile was killed as soon as we tried to edit what was in the existing folder...

• Like 1