UEM/HUB download the application software to the client first and then checks or the client needs to install the software.

AfshinLak

I came across the following situation in UEM that when I want to push an application update to the client, the application is first downloaded to the client and then the UEM/HUB checks if the application needs an update. I don't think this makes sense.
I would like the UEM/HUB to first check if the application needs an update and then download the software to the client.
Of course this is not a problem with 1 or 2 applications but if you have to deal with a lot of applications (in my case plus 20) then it is a problem.
Does anyone from @Omnissa have an explanation?

Thank you!

• Employee

It also depends how you set up you detection rules. For an app we first send down the manifest which includes the detection rules and run the detection rules to see if the app is already installed. Only after that and if required the content will be downloaded.

So if the app is already on the device with the desired version we would not download the installer files.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...