Horizon Agent Upgrade

Jeff Harris
Go to solution Solved by Joe Graziano,

I'm trying to find out more information about how to do the auto updates and register an installer package.  The only information I have refers to a json file that you can download from Omnissa (VMWare) that goes along with the .exe file.  For the life of me i cannot find the json file anywhere on the Omnissa site that this article refers to.  Any thoughts or articles on how to actually accomplish this?  

1. Download the Horizon Agent installer and installer metadata files from the product download site. Look for the VMware Horizon download, which includes the Horizon Agent installer.

The installer filename is VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-yymm-z.z.z-xxxxxxxx.exe, where yymm is the Horizon 8 release version, z.z.z is the internal = version number, and xxxxxxxx is the build number.

The installer metadata filename is VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-yymm-y.y.y-xxxxxxxx-metadata.json, where yymm is the Horizon 8 release version, z.z.z is the internal = version number, and xxxxxxxx is the build number.

2. In Horizon Console, navigate to Inventory > Horizon Agent > Registered Installer Packages to see the installer packages.

3. On the Registered Installer Packages page, click Add. Specify the VMware-Horizon-Agent-x86_64-yymm-y.y.y-xxxxxxxx-metadata.json file to complete the agent installer package registration.

Auto Upgrade Horizon Agent (omnissa.com)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Employee
  • Solution

If you go to the "VMware Horizon Standard and Enterprise Plus Subscriptions" 7 items down in the list then over to the Horizon version you have the "Horizon Agent Auto-Update Metadata File" there to download.

Joe Graziano

Senior Solution Engineer, EUC - Federal

VCP-DTM, VCP-DCV, vExpert, vExpert PRO

jgraziano@vmware.com / joe.graziano@broadcom.com