Horizon Client Geolocation prompt

Virtual_Leo

Hello

We are currently deploying our in-house built "thin clients", based on Windows 10 (that's a story for another time). Is there any way to get rid of this prompt by registry/gpo edits? We don't even have the function enabled on the agent and it's just annoying to get it for every freshly installed thin client

2024-09-23 18_06_07-VMware Horizon Client.png

Edited by Virtual_Leo

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Employee

Hello, 

If I recall correctly, the geolocation pop is due to the e911 feature on Microsoft Teams which tries to get the user location and needs to ask for user consent. I am not aware of any GPO to turn it off.
You may want to try a few options for this scenario

1. The user can turn off location sharing or can turn off the pop up from the client settings
  2. The admin can turn off e911 feature from teams admin console (can't test this myself)

4 hours ago, Virtual_Leo said:

Hello

We are currently deploying our in-house built "thin clients", based on Windows 10 (that's a story for another time). Is there any way to get rid of this prompt by registry/gpo edits? We don't even have the function enabled on the agent and it's just annoying to get it for every freshly installed thin client

2024-09-23 18_06_07-VMware Horizon Client.png

There should be a setting you can set with the Horizon ADMX templates for this.

If not, they should be able to just hit an option, and "Do not show this again"

Stephen Wagner (President, Digitally Accurate Inc.)

VMware vExpert (vExpert Pro, vSphere, vSAN Awards), Omnissa Tech Insider, NVIDIA NGCA Advisor, VMUG Leader, and Director (Board of Directors) at World of EUC

Check out my Tech Blog: https://www.StephenWagner.com

Thanks for your responses.

I cannot find anything in the ADMX to remove this prompt

Neither does it change any registry values when changing the actual setting with the short testing i've done.

I can understand if it's regarding to end users privacy, i was hoping to disable this prompt on our corporate owned thin clients that is used as shared workspaces.

Hello @Virtual_Leo

I think that can help you.

Please  in file "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\prefs.txt" , if this prefs.txt dosen't exists please create and add line: 

<GeolocationSharingSettings GeoShowPromptDlg="false" GeoSharingAllowed="false" />

Edited by Dominik

Dominik Jakubowski

EUC Expert  | vExpert
VDI Ninja

https://vdesktop.ninja

18 minutes ago, Dominik said:

Hello @Virtual_Leo

I think that can help you.

Please  in file "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\VMware\VMware Horizon View Client\prefs.txt" , if this prefs.txt dosen't exists please create and add line: 

<GeolocationSharingSettings GeoShowPromptDlg="false" GeoSharingAllowed="false" />

Ahh could it be that simple, i will try that thank you!