Help required: VMWare Horizon Client

Ross

I'm a healthcare worker using this client to try access my trusts computer systems remotely from home on a Mac. I've managed to install the software but it keeps taking me to a blank screen (have completed the necessary ). My IT team have advised me to uninstall the client completely (which despite deleting the logs, I seem unable to do) and I'm still unable to access a desktop remotely. I'm hoping someone could troubleshoot with me.

R

PastedGraphic-1.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This potentially looks like the SSL certificate URL and the entered URL do not match.  Do this and see if it helps:  

1. In the Applications folder, double-click VMware Horizon Client.
  2. Select VMware Horizon Client > Preferences from the menu bar.
  3. Select the certificate checking mode - Do not verify server identity certificates

Thanks for the feedback. 

Tried this but just get timeout at the login stage.

Ive tried uninstalling, but can seem to get rid of the logs, so can't start set up over- any ideas how to purge any system of the software?

R

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 08.54.48.png

• Employee

This could be caused a variety of reasons (mostly related to networking). I would recommend going back to your IT team to get their assistance.

If I had to hazard a guess this looks to be related to network between where your laptop is and the virtual desktop you are trying to connect to. Are you in the same building or remote? Are you connected over a particular ISP network? Do other people connect from the same location using the same network?

As a bit of background, a Horizon connection consists of two phases; authentication, and then the actual session. It looks like it is the second phase that is failing. Direct your IT team to review this guide to assist in troubleshooting: https://techzone.omnissa.com/resource/understand-and-troubleshoot-horizon-connections#primary-and-secondary-protocols