Mouse trails when using 'Relative Mouse' in Blast session

John Twilley

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue where a physician is having severe mouse trails when using the Relative Mouse feature during a blast session.   These are high-end nVidia GRID card sessions, and users have 1GB fiber connections.  I cannot recreate the issue at all.  The round trip time is around 30 ms.   

Horizon 8.  Horizon Client is up to date. nVidia drivers are the vSphere 7 (16.5) version.  Blast sessions, tweaked as High speed-LAN using DEM smart policies.  HEVC encoder.

Any ideas on what it could be?   Or what I could look into?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't use Relative Mouse here much John, but out of curiosity: does it happen if you test a session using either HTML or PCoIP? Again, not super familiar with RM, and it may not even be an option in those scenarios, just seeing if it can be narrowed down.

We have not tried using PCOIP, but that's not a bad idea.

These are GE PACS Radiology CT Scan remote viewing stations, and we have the Horizon Smart policies tuned for that type of high-end graphical usage. That is why the Radiologists like to use the Relative Mouse feature.  The "mouse trails" only happen when this is enabled on the client side. 

I cannot recreate the issue at all, and getting time on the Remote Rads PC is very difficult.  I was just wondering if anyone else had run across odd issues with the Relative Mouse feature.

Is there any drivers or special software intercepting mouse feedback on the client side of these? Is it isolated to the specific user account, and/or specific endpoint?

Stephen Wagner (President, Digitally Accurate Inc.)

VMware vExpert (vExpert Pro, vSphere, vSAN Awards), Omnissa EUC Expert, NVIDIA NGCA Advisor, VMUG Leader, and Director (Board of Directors) at World of EUC

Check out my Tech Blog: https://www.StephenWagner.com

Posted (edited)

It has to be something on the endpoint.  I cannot recreate it anywhere else.  I'm leaning towards the high-end "Gaming Mouse" used by the Radiologists - Logitech G-Series.  Maybe there is a high refresh that is causing it or something.  But it only causes issue when Relative Mouse is enabled.  And they swear that they require Relative Mouse for the CT Scan images, etc.

I have a Logitech G502 gaming mouse on my PC, and yet I cannot recreate the issue.  I was just wondering if anyone had run across a similar situation.

I do have other Rads that use the same pool without any issue.

Edited by John Twilley

20 hours ago, John Twilley said:

It has to be something on the endpoint.  I cannot recreate it anywhere else.  I'm leaning towards the high-end "Gaming Mouse" used by the Radiologists - Logitech G-Series.  Maybe there is a high refresh that is causing it or something.  But it only causes issue when Relative Mouse is enabled.  And they swear that they require Relative Mouse for the CT Scan images, etc.

I have a Logitech G502 gaming mouse on my PC, and yet I cannot recreate the issue.  I was just wondering if anyone had run across a similar situation.

I do have other Rads that use the same pool without any issue.

The user swears that they require relative mouse? It sounds like they had some issues in the past where the user troubleshooted it and came up with their own fix by using relative.

Something tells me your best bet is to get some in-person time with the device in question, as my suspicion is there's probably other things going on.

Stephen Wagner (President, Digitally Accurate Inc.)

VMware vExpert (vExpert Pro, vSphere, vSAN Awards), Omnissa EUC Expert, NVIDIA NGCA Advisor, VMUG Leader, and Director (Board of Directors) at World of EUC

Check out my Tech Blog: https://www.StephenWagner.com