App Volumes Manager Web cannot login

MattDsa
Go to solution Solved by Chad Herman,

Hi. So we have 2 App Vols managers on 2206 and we need to upgrade to 2312.2. Last evening I started the upgrade and it finished and the installer went through on the first node. However, after a reboot it would load the manager's web interface but fail the login saying the credentials are wrong and then after 2-3 attempts it said too many incorrect attempts and account locked 10 mins.

On the second node that was not yet upgraded I could still log in and see in the config that there was indeed a new version there in the managers. I verified that the adCA.pem is the cert for the root that issues the certs (via an intermediate) to the Domain Controller that is configured in the domain settings of App Volumes. I eventually had to roll back to a snapshot and am also opening a case with Omnissa now. If anyone has encountered the same I would be very grateful for some help please. Thanks.

I'm fairly certain I remember running into a similar issue in the past.  IIRC, make sure your adCA.pem file contains the root and intermediates within it.  I believe it needs to contain the full chain. 

In the meantime, you could disable certificate validation until you get it resolved so logins work again. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

• Solution

PEMs always go in the following order.

- intermediate 2
- intermediate 1
- root

If you have just one intermediate, the root would be at the bottom and the intermediate at the top.  You can also make a copy of your pem and rename it to adCA.cer and open it in Windows to validate the chain shows as expected.