Any advice on obtaining the vSphere licenses that are (have always been) bundled with Horizon?

CraigD
Go to solution Solved by Angela Ge,

I think it's a matter of "just wait" but I thought I'd check in here.  My term vSphere licenses will expire tomorrow.  I got these licenses last year from VMware... they came "bundled" with my Horizon licenses.  We have a cluster (VCSA and four hosts) dedicated to our Horizon environment.  We have a completely separate cluster (and licensing) for our "server" environment.

We renewed our Horizon agreement in April.  We have already obtained the new Horizon license key from Omnissa and have entered it into our Horizon Administrator.  All is good with Horizon proper.  What I don't have yet are new licenses for vSphere (vCenter Server and the hosts).   The two articles below (both from Omnissa) are applicable.  One states that the vSphere license will still be included.  The other describes the process of obtaining licenses, but also states that basically the license migration process is still in the works. 

VMware Horizon combined offerings with vSphere and vSAN will continue post divestiture (14804)

Important Information Regarding Horizon Licensing and vSphere Infrastructure Licensing for Horizon (6000014)

I think that my only option is trial/temporary licenses.  I am trying to work through that process now.  If you have any knowledge or wisdom about any of this I'd love to hear it.

Also: We have NVIDIA graphics adapters in our Horizon hosts.

EDIT: It was mentioned elsewhere that there is a 30-day grace period, but it is unclear whether this applies only to the Horizon-proper side of things or whether it also applies to the vSphere licenses as well.  Here is a reference link for that.

UPDATE 6/20/24: I used the email address below (in the post marked as the solution), and they helped me to locate my licenses.  All good now.

Edited by CraigD

Do you have  Horizon Subscription / Horizon Universal console afther the renewing?
In that case you shoule be able to view your keys in the console...

Otherwise you best luck migt be reaching out to your account executive at Omnissa.
There was a email adres for licensing help but I am not able to find it on the Omnissa KB's anymore.

We had issues with finding our license to, as the Horizn Universal Console did not have them for a few weeks afther the broadcom transitionings... got that sorted through our account executive.. but still that took some time as Broadcm and Omnissa were both not able to find our key's (or generate them)

Edited by Robin Harmsen

Senior Engineer (SDDC, EUC, DBA, Applications) at the Netherlands Cancer Institute - Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital (NKI-AVL)

Hi Everyone,

Right now this has been a major issue for a large amount of customers.

Your "vSphere for Desktop" licensing that comes bundled with your Horizon licensing, "should" be available inside of your Broadcom Support Portal account.

However, amongst all my customers this has not the case and the licensing has disappeared off the face of the planet. I've been escalating this numerous times for numerous customers with Broadcom/Omnissa, and as of right now I've been advised that the licensing "should be on the customers Broadcom portal for vSphere licensing bundled with Horizon", and if it isn't, that we are supposed to contact Broadcom support and they are supposed to resolve this issue.

I had this come up again yesterday (June 19th 2024) with another customer.

There are special escalation e-mails available for emergency situations (upgrades, redeployments, etc), however your best bet is reaching out to your TAM (if you have one), or your account executive at Broadcom/Omnissa to get access to that team/contact.

Edited by StephenWagner7
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Stephen Wagner (President, Digitally Accurate Inc.)

VMware vExpert (vExpert Pro, vSphere, vSAN Awards), Omnissa EUC Expert, NVIDIA NGCA Advisor, VMUG Leader, and Director (Board of Directors) at World of EUC

Check out my Tech Blog: https://www.StephenWagner.com

• Employee
  • Solution

Hi all,

Horizon Product Manager here.  If you need help, please feel free to ping us at horizon-license-help.pdl@broadcom.com with a description of your issues.  In many cases, we've been able to locate the vsphere keys that were sold as part of the Horizon bundle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For us the keys are currently visible in the Horizon Universal Console, still we are not able to see them anywhere at Broadcom

As it already did cost a lot of time to get the keys (were were in the middle of an upgrade). .and we do have them now... I did not bother to reach out yet to get things sorted further at Broadcom.

Is this still something we should reach out about personally in orde to get this fixed at the Broadcom portal?
Or is this still on Broadcom's general list to get fixed for all customers?

Senior Engineer (SDDC, EUC, DBA, Applications) at the Netherlands Cancer Institute - Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital (NKI-AVL)

1 hour ago, Angela Ge said:

Hi all,

Horizon Product Manager here.  If you need help, please feel free to ping us at horizon-license-help.pdl@broadcom.com with a description of your issues.  In many cases, we've been able to locate the vsphere keys that were sold as part of the Horizon bundle. 

I have just sent an email to that address.  Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone, several weeks ago, I wrote to the suggested address (horizon-license-help.pdl@broadcom.com). After a few reminders, they finally responded to me and re-enabled the visibility of the licenses on the Horizon Cloud portal. So it's the right way.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2024 at 12:46 PM, Angela Ge said:

Hi all,

Angela, you're a rockstar!!! In the past month you've helped a number of my customers and I appreciate it very very much! 🙂

Thank you!!!

• Celebrate 1

Stephen Wagner (President, Digitally Accurate Inc.)

VMware vExpert (vExpert Pro, vSphere, vSAN Awards), Omnissa EUC Expert, NVIDIA NGCA Advisor, VMUG Leader, and Director (Board of Directors) at World of EUC

Check out my Tech Blog: https://www.StephenWagner.com

I had no luck going through Broadcom or Omnissa, they both pointed me at each other 🤣. However, after some time my keys finally showed back up in our Universal Console under View Perpetual Keys. The link was broken for weeks. My licenses are also not in either vendors portal still.