New Teams - DirectFlex Fix

I'd noticed that DirectFlex no longer worked for "New Teams" and it has been causing login delays for my customers due to the ever-increasing size of the ZIP.  I just read the release notes for DEM 2406 and saw mention of a fix!  I figured I'd start a thread on this issue to ensure others are aware of it.  I'll be testing it today. 

The Fix from the 2406 Release Notes:

• DEM-188: New Microsoft Teams does not trigger DirectFlex processing
    Launches of the new Microsoft Teams are performed by the AppInfo service. In older versions of Dynamic Environment Manager, AppInfo starting a DirectFlex-enabled executable triggered DirectFlex processing. With the default DEM configuration, this behavior does not exist.
    Workaround: To enable the old behavior, set REG_DWORD value DirectFlex to 2 in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Immidio\Flex Profiles key (for Group Policy-based setups), or in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware UEM\Agent\Configuration key (for NoAD).

• 2870360: COM servers do not trigger DirectFlex processing
    In older versions of Dynamic Environment Manager, instantiating an out-of-process COM object hosted by a DirectFlex-enabled executable triggered DirectFlex processing. With the default DEM configuration, this behavior does not exist.
    Workaround: To enable the old behavior, set REG_DWORD value DirectFlex to 1 in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Immidio\Flex Profiles key (for Group Policy-based setups), or in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware UEM\Agent\Configuration key (for NoAD).

Note: To enable the workarounds of DEM-188 and 2870360 at the same time, DirectFlex must be set to 3.

Edited by John Twilley

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

I have tried this setup, set REG_DWORD value DirectFlex to 2, but now AutoStart no longer functions.  It worked just fine when DEM ran on login.

I'm wondering if I need to add something other than ms-teams.exe as the DirectFlex trigger. Or if that's just something that will not with with New Teams and DirectFlex.

I use FSLogix in a couple other pools and it works fine.  But I leverage DEM for our main Clinical pool.  I don't have enough storage for 30,000 FSLogix VMDK files!

Edited by John Twilley