Email sent from mobile device via SEG waiting in outbox

Hello

Has anyone else seen a higher rate of messages stuck in the outbox on mobile devices?

We are in the process of migrating exchange environments  on premise.  Currently we are migrating users from the old to the new environment, during this time I upgraded to SEG on UAG 23.12 keeping it pointed to the older exchange.  We are currently having a high number of users that send emails from both iOS and Android that will have sent an email from their device and it sits in the outbox for hours or indefinitely.   Placed a call with WSO support and they didn't see any issue with the SEG, on the devices looking at logs we don't see anything that point to an issue.  So just curious if anyone else has seen something similar.

We are thinking of switching the SEG from pointing to the old environment to the new exchange to see if that cuts down on the occurrence.   My other though is to upgrade to the UAG that was released last week, but I can't find the download in the normal place or on the VM ware side I don't have authorization.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Employee
Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2024 at 9:08 AM, WesleyVanHouten said:

Hello

Has anyone else seen a higher rate of messages stuck in the outbox on mobile devices?

We are in the process of migrating exchange environments  on premise.  Currently we are migrating users from the old to the new environment, during this time I upgraded to SEG on UAG 23.12 keeping it pointed to the older exchange.  We are currently having a high number of users that send emails from both iOS and Android that will have sent an email from their device and it sits in the outbox for hours or indefinitely.   Placed a call with WSO support and they didn't see any issue with the SEG, on the devices looking at logs we don't see anything that point to an issue.  So just curious if anyone else has seen something similar.

We are thinking of switching the SEG from pointing to the old environment to the new exchange to see if that cuts down on the occurrence.   My other though is to upgrade to the UAG that was released last week, but I can't find the download in the normal place or on the VM ware side I don't have authorization.

I can't remember if sent-mail is blocked when SEG is managing a non-compliant device (I think it does), so as long as the device isn't showing as non-compliant, then it's pretty safe to say the sent-mail issue isn't related to SEG most likely. 

Where SEG is pointed determines what should be throttled based on device compliance and enrollment (depending on the MEM controls you have enabled).  I don't think directing SEG to the new Exchange will solve any Sent-Mail issues, it will just change governance from the old server to the new one in terms of syncing/connecting from a compliant device. 

Let us know if any new info, we'll see if we can help further, but I'd guess any sent mail issues are most likely tied to the Exchange server or account.  Have you tried turning off the SEG service and testing just to remove SEG from the equation?  Maybe try that and do a quick test to see if the issue subsides or continues, that should help remove SEG as point of contention if no change in behavior after disabling SEG service for testing.

Edited by Daniel Langley
Reformatted response better