ENS and 401 Unauthorized Error

TroyS

Hello,

I am not getting far with my ticket to Omnissa and thought I would ask here.  I am setting up an on-prem ENS server to support our SaaS environment.  We currently have an on-prem environment but will be moving users to the SaaS environment soon.  Our current ENS server works just fine, and devices are getting notifications.  On the new ENS server I have setup I can see in Boxer that push notifications are enabled and the device registered for push notifications.  However, in the ENS logs I see a 401 unauthorized message when it tries to get to the EWS server.  We are using basic authentication configuration in Boxer, and I can get emails in the Bozer app without issue.  The issue is I am not getting notifications on either an iOS or Android device.  Has anyone else run into this issue?

Regards

Troy

• Employee
On 8/12/2024 at 11:53 AM, TroyS said:

Hello,

I am not getting far with my ticket to Omnissa and thought I would ask here.  I am setting up an on-prem ENS server to support our SaaS environment.  We currently have an on-prem environment but will be moving users to the SaaS environment soon.  Our current ENS server works just fine, and devices are getting notifications.  On the new ENS server I have setup I can see in Boxer that push notifications are enabled and the device registered for push notifications.  However, in the ENS logs I see a 401 unauthorized message when it tries to get to the EWS server.  We are using basic authentication configuration in Boxer, and I can get emails in the Bozer app without issue.  The issue is I am not getting notifications on either an iOS or Android device.  Has anyone else run into this issue?

Regards

Troy

Hi Troy,

Have you considered using the SaaS ENSv2?  What is the Email end point? Is it on-prem Exchange? Are you using SEG?  Overall this might pretty difficult to resolve on a forum.  Typically I'd want to review Boxer logs, ENS logs and Exchange logs to correlate the 401 Unauthorized errors.  I do resonate with your confusion on why Inbox sync works, but not subscribing to the same end point using the same credentials, that's why I think you'll need log analysis to get a bit of traction here.  If everything on the new ENSv2 is the same as the one that works (same subnet, same networking rules), then I can definitely resonate with your frustration.  If there's any more info you can share, we can see if we can dig a little deeper.

So, I have fixed the issue and not sure how to explain.  I made two changes at the same time and not sure what fixed it really.  Our ENS has two interfaces, one on the internet side and one in our DMZ.  First off, the SSL cert was only bound to the external interface, so I changed that to use all interfaces.  Also, DNS entries were missing internally for the ENS server name, so I added those also.  After that, notifications started working.  I am going to say the DNS entries were the fix but I am not positive.

• Celebrate 1

• Employee
On 8/15/2024 at 4:46 PM, TroyS said:

So, I have fixed the issue and not sure how to explain.  I made two changes at the same time and not sure what fixed it really.  Our ENS has two interfaces, one on the internet side and one in our DMZ.  First off, the SSL cert was only bound to the external interface, so I changed that to use all interfaces.  Also, DNS entries were missing internally for the ENS server name, so I added those also.  After that, notifications started working.  I am going to say the DNS entries were the fix but I am not positive.

Awesome find Troy.  Thanks for sharing the changes you made that resolved the trouble.

• Like 1