Switch from Active Directory to Entra Id

Steven B.

Hello,

Our Workspace One UEM environment is currently connected to several On-Premise Active Directory directories to synchronize users AND join Windows devices to the domain.
One AD forest contains users (synchronized on Entra Id) and another forest contains the devices.
We would like to change this configuration to use the Entra Id directory instead of the On-Premise Active Directory to synchronize users from Entra Id.

Is it possible to have a Workspace One UEM tenant or an OG Customer test/sandbox to run tests without disrupting our production, given that we're on a SaaS instance?
Do you have any feedback on a similar switchover?
What are the impacts on devices already enrolled?
Is it possible to continue join devices to the On-Premise Active Directory domain?

Thank you

Edited by Steven B.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Employee

We have Omnissa Identity Services to integrate with cloud identity providers like Entra ID and Okta or any source that uses SCIM 2.0 to provision users. This is available for greenfield customers but we are about to finalize a migration wizard to allow customers to move from an integration of On-Premises AD in UEM to Entra ID or other sources. This should reach limited availability early next year. You will be able to join devices to On-Premises AD still.

https://docs.omnissa.com/bundle/IdentityServices/page/ConfiguringUserProvisioningandIdentityFederationwithIdentityServices.html

Hello @Sascha Warno,

I've read the documentation.
In order to activate “Omnissa Identity Services”, it says to go to the “Workspace ONE Cloud Admin Hub”.
I'm not familiar with this portal?
Today we have access to Workspace ONE UEM and from this portal we can connect to the following services only:

• Workspace ONE Hub Services
  • Workspace ONE Access
  • Workspace ONE Intelligence

And in the bottom right-hand corner, in very small print, I see :

• VMware Cloud Services Status
  • VMware Cloud Services Enabled:No

Am I to understand that for the moment this is not available to us?

image.png.26ada0fe560728a95aab975ce1be055f.png

image.png.898f55afcf924a42bf0436ccde49d8dd.png

• Employee

Correct your environment would need to be cloud service enabled and you need to be able to access your workspace one services through connect.omnissa.com. There is a path to enable this, I would suggest that you talk to your rep first and get an CSP enabled UAT tenant to test out the functionality and you use cases with OIS(Omnissa Identity Services)