Your Ideas to make Access Better and more Accessible

• Employee
Posted (edited)

PROBLEM

• The current method of setting up Single Sign On (SSO) between Workspace ONE Access and other products like Okta, PING, Salesforce.com, etc. requires a decent amount of knowledge about how SAML and SSO works, the industry ”lingo”, and the “lingo” each product uses (including ours).
  • Scenarios where this is particularly painful are:
    • “I’d love to offer SSO for my apps.  I’ve heard that our Workspace ONE installation can do this, but I don’t have the time to learn how to set it up.”
    • “I’m doing a POC of Workspace ONE and would love to include SSO, but I don’t have the skills to set it up.  My very busy Okta admin offered to give me access to Okta, but I don’t know how Okta works.”
    • “My CISO is demanding that we move to SSO for our SaaS apps.  We have Workspace ONE and I’m not sure they support this, or how to get it setup. I think I’ll just move to Azure.”

Today configurations are done with text menus and screens.

SOLUTION

• What if remove the barriers to setting up SAML and SSO?
  • What if we design a visual console where admins can drag and drop objects and place connectors to design how they see it working.
  • Then our console/tool makes all of the changes needed using remote API calls to the different components in the diagram, providing visual feedback on whether they were successful.
  • For steps that cannot be achieved via remote API calls, we step the admin through the steps using well written verbiage and screenshots.
  • Our console does all the work, while the admin just visualizes what they want.
  • Perfect for:
    • POCs.
    • Ad-hoc experimentation
    • Production setups
    • Troubleshooting later on

Admin does drag-and-drop, and we do the rest of the work

Example screen

Edited by Craig J. Johnston
Added linked preview screen
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...