Horizon 2406 release

Dominik

• Employee
3 minutes ago, Dominik said:

@Rob Beekmans on my side I see:

image.thumb.png.358b7240e588675b90048c7a952a3399.png

The dreaded "not entitled"..... not sure how I can help with that 😞 (I'm even trying to see how I get into the Omnissa system myself to download - I'm still with VMware (not even Broadcom), so juggling multiple accounts.)

4 hours ago, Rob Beekmans said:

The dreaded "not entitled"..... not sure how I can help with that 😞 (I'm even trying to see how I get into the Omnissa system myself to download - I'm still with VMware (not even Broadcom), so juggling multiple accounts.)

I was getting this on Friday, but tried again this morning and all seems to be working fine, and the 2406 components are available for download. Give it a try now ...

Question I have about new deployments, may be slightly off topic (apologies), although still relevant ... Does anyone know where the vSphere and vCenter downloads are located? I only seem to be able to find the Horizon / EUC downloads, which is fine if you already have a vSphere environment deployed to run Horizon on, and are doing a clean Horizon install / upgrade,  but for new customer deployments where we will be installing vSphere / vCenter to run Horizon, it would be very helpful to have access to those components as well, as they are covered under the Horizon license, rather than use older ISOs that we may already have from previous deployments, then have to update everything to the latest versions once deployed.

Thanks

Edited by Mr_SCB
Spelling adjustment
Regards
Mr_SCB

• Employee
5 hours ago, Mr_SCB said:

I was getting this on Friday, but tried again this morning and all seems to be working fine, and the 2406 components are available for download. Give it a try now ...

Question I have about new deployments, may be slightly off topic (apologies), although still relevant ... Does anyone know where the vSphere and vCenter downloads are located? I only seem to be able to find the Horizon / EUC downloads, which is fine if you already have a vSphere environment deployed, and are doing a clean Horizon install / upgrade,  but for new customer deployments where we will be installing vSphere / vCenter, it would be very helpful to have access to those components as well, rather than use older ISOs, then have to update everything to the latest once deployed.

Thanks

Those will be downloaded from Broadcom. Omnissa will not be hosting any software for them.

The license key is a different story. (trying to give a quick overview of what I know)

Depending on the status of the customer (Existing SaaS Horizon 8 customer, existing SaaS Horizon 8 customer that never connected with cloud, Existing Horizon 8 term/perpetual customer, New customer SaaS/Term) the license key retrieval is slightly different.. in most cases the key is displayed in the customer portal at the Broadcom site.. when you are an existing customer and you never connected to cloud, the license may have to be generated by the Broadcom license team

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Ken Sliger said:

@Guy Leech, I spoke with someone on the EUC Expert program and they should be reaching out to you directly. 

Hello both! I've just pinged you directly Guy, please let me know if you have any questions there!

Jenn Godwin

Community Program Manager

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed increased Conncetion Server CPU load once upgrading to 2406? In our test environment, CS1 and CS2 still show load at 0,5GHz or less but CS3 and CS4 have constantly jumped to around 3GHz even though the test environment has hardly any users connected. Looking at the process list on affected CS reveals that TomcatService.exe is the main consumer of CPU resources. Rebooting the servers drops it down for some time but does not have a lasting effect.

I'm still getting the dreaded "Not entitled" message. Is there a way I can work around this? It won't even let me download a trial. Really need to start updating books as I have publisher deadlines to meet.

Are other community experts allowed to "share" downloads privately with other experts? I think we all have the license keys individually that we can use?

image.png.6af5544aaa941f6c36364150942d5228.png

1 hour ago, Peter von Oven said:

I'm still getting the dreaded "Not entitled" message. Is there a way I can work around this? It won't even let me download a trial. Really need to start updating books as I have publisher deadlines to meet.

Are other community experts allowed to "share" downloads privately with other experts? I think we all have the license keys individually that we can use?

image.png.6af5544aaa941f6c36364150942d5228.png

Can you download it by the following link? I am able to download it only by this URL because of our subscription.

https://customerconnect.omnissa.com/downloads/details?downloadGroup=HZN-2406-SUB&productId=716&rPId=118792

52 minutes ago, Rico said:

Can you download it by the following link? I am able to download it only by this URL because of our subscription.

https://customerconnect.omnissa.com/downloads/details?downloadGroup=HZN-2406-SUB&productId=716&rPId=118792

Thanks @Rico, worked a treat for Horizon. I don't suppose you have the links for App Volumes and DEM as well? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter von Oven said:

Thanks @Rico, worked a treat for Horizon. I don't suppose you have the links for App Volumes and DEM as well? 

You’re welcome, good to hear! Unfortunately I don’t have the links for both DEM and AppVolumes, I got the same dreaded Not Entitled message too.

Raised a case previous week, still no answer. It’s quiet still now for three days.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

You’re welcome, good to hear! Unfortunately I don’t have the links for both DEM and AppVolumes, I got the same dreaded Not Entitled message too.

Raised a case previous week, still no answer. It’s quiet still now for three days.

Hopefully this will soon be resolved. I have a few books that need updating and other than being pushed by publishers, if I don't create enough content I might not be able to stay in the expert programme.

1 minute ago, Peter von Oven said:

Hopefully this will soon be resolved. I have a few books that need updating and other than being pushed by publishers, if I don't create enough content I might not be able to stay in the expert programme.

Oh wow let’s hope someone from Omnissa Employee can help us with providing some direct links to both! Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...