Lockdown browser to specific URLs

trobertson
Go to solution Solved by Sascha Warno,

I'm trying to configure some android based handhelds to only be able to run a browser for a specific URL/domain.  Similar to a kiosk mode however I also need to be able to run Teams and possibly one other app.  I've been able to register the device and install launcher.  I'm having difficulties with locking down chrome to a specific URL.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Do you recommend Chrome or some other browser?  Please share any advice you may have.

Thank you.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it appears that Workspace ONE Web settings can only be set at the OG level, is that correct?  It would be nice to have these settings on the assignment group.  I may try the Chrome/App Config first if this is the case.

• Employee
On 8/20/2024 at 7:43 AM, trobertson said:

So it appears that Workspace ONE Web settings can only be set at the OG level, is that correct?  It would be nice to have these settings on the assignment group.  I may try the Chrome/App Config first if this is the case.

Correct, it's an OG level setting, you can inherit or override it at lower OG's if you wanted to alter behavior accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

In my case with a flat OG, it is easier to apply the configuration to Chrome only rather than open a new OG level for this subset of devices.  At the current moment I am using this option however due to my use case it would be a better option to move these shared devices to its own OG to take advantage of some other settings.  I will test out the alternate solution prior to deployment.

• Like 1