Auto Login Instant Clones

GoShen
Go to solution Solved by StephenWagner7,

Hi All,

In my Horizon lab I am using the Horizon Client to connect. It does work properly but i have noticed that after the connection is made to the instant clone, it gives me the Windows Logon screen and does not use the credentials I already provided. I have to click "other user" and then sign in. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I am missing.

Any guidance on where that setting is? Thank you

Edited by GoShen
Accidentally hit enter key before typing message

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@GoShen, could you provide us with a bit more information on your environment?

Also:

1. Is the version of Windows you deployed, compatible with the version of Horizon? I've seen similar issues when using unsupported Windows 11 versions with versions of Horizon that didn't support it.
  2. Are you using MFA? If so, what provider, and are you using SAML?
  3. Are you using a UAG for access?

Stephen Wagner (President, Digitally Accurate Inc.)

VMware vExpert (vExpert Pro, vSphere, vSAN Awards), Omnissa Tech Insider, NVIDIA NGCA Advisor, VMUG Leader, and Director (Board of Directors) at World of EUC

Check out my Tech Blog: https://www.StephenWagner.com

Hi Stephen,

The lab is Windows 10 22H2 Pro for instant clones, Horizon 8 2306 (VMUG Sub), one CS, no UAG, no MFA, no SAML, but i do have the events going to an SQL server.

Using Vsphere/VCenter 7. (VMUG) and ESXI 8 (VMUG).

Thank You

• Solution
1 hour ago, GoShen said:

Hi Stephen,

The lab is Windows 10 22H2 Pro for instant clones, Horizon 8 2306 (VMUG Sub), one CS, no UAG, no MFA, no SAML, but i do have the events going to an SQL server.

Using Vsphere/VCenter 7. (VMUG) and ESXI 8 (VMUG).

Thank You

In this case everything should be working...

Just to confirm your workflow:

1. Open Client, connect to Connection Server
  2. Prompt for Username and Password, you enter the credentials
  3. It either opens a desktop or prompts you to choose your desktop pool

Or is any of the above different?

Also, on your connection Server, under "Global Settings", is "Single Sign-On (SSO)" enabled?

Edited by StephenWagner7

VMware vExpert (vExpert Pro, vSphere, vSAN Awards), Omnissa Tech Insider, NVIDIA NGCA Advisor, VMUG Leader, and Director (Board of Directors) at World of EUC

8 hours ago, Hussam Rabaya said:

Hi  @GoShen

- do you have any time difference between Desktops \CS\AD?

-try to dis join and rejoin master image to AD

The master/gold image should not be domain joined. Domain join occurs during ClonePrep process.

Robin,

This is a lab so I have not setup True SSO yet.

Stephen,

I do not recall enabling SSO. To your point and Robin's this could be what i am missing.

Hussam,

I have not tried this yet or looked at the times. 

Gerard ,,

I have shutdown the lab (vcenter all together).

One point I would like to make is this is a lab and not only that, this is not a situation where it use to work then stopped working. So I think I will review the SSO as mentioned and try it after I make that adjustment.

Thank you all for your posts. I'll post back with some results after looking at True SSO.

8 hours ago, GoShen said:

Robin,

This is a lab so I have not setup True SSO yet.

Stephen,

I do not recall enabling SSO. To your point and Robin's this could be what i am missing.

Hussam,

I have not tried this yet or looked at the times. 

Gerard ,,

I have shutdown the lab (vcenter all together).

One point I would like to make is this is a lab and not only that, this is not a situation where it use to work then stopped working. So I think I will review the SSO as mentioned and try it after I make that adjustment.

Thank you all for your posts. I'll post back with some results after looking at True SSO.

TrueSSO is only required if you need it for a specific purpose. TrueSSO, and the SSO setting I mentioned in the Horizon Admin UI are different things.

You mentioned you didn't enable it. It's enabled by default, so does that mean you turned it off?

Stephen,

Shows how much i don't know lol  This weekend i'll make a video small video and post on here for review. 

I'll also post screen shots of the Console. Is there a particular spot in the console you guys would like to see? Thank You

Hi All,

So in the Horizon Console, under the Global Settings, the SSO Settings was disabled. All I did is enable that and then when I open the Horizon Client, click to connect, enter the credentials, I am then presented with the VM. I click the VM and it logs me in directly to the desktop. Thanks for your help!