Adding wired network profile with Airwatch

ivan_531

Hi,

Can anyone help me with deploying network profile (for wired network adapter) with Airwatch? We are using 802.1x and I would like to change authentication mode from "User and Computer authentication" to "User authentication". I didn't find that setting in template, so probably I have to add this setting with configuration xml file? I already have a file, but I'm not sure how to import it in Profile, as there is only text field to enter value. I used Windows (Beta) - Device Profile - WiredNetwork: image.thumb.png.0876c93b8332bcc406b8491ef797d889.png

Is there any other way to add that?

• Employee

One easy way to do this is to configure the device the way you want it without UEM. Once the device is connected and working, export the interface configuration using netsh. Make any changes to the file to generalize it. Once you are done, you need to escape characters. Once it is escaped, you can copy/paste it into the Lan XML field.

You can also use a custom profile (CSP) configuration if you don't want to use the Beta configuration screen. 

• Like 1

Hi, I did the following:

1. export my interface configuration with: netsh lan export profile folder=C:\temp interface="Ethernet"

2. Escape that xml with https://www.lambdatest.com/free-online-tools/xml-escape

3. Added new profile Windows (beta) - WiredNetwork and put that escaped xml in Lan XML field.

I was able to successfully install profile on my test machine, but from some reason it doesn't apply the change, it doesn't switch from  "User and Computer authentication" to "User authentication".

• 2 weeks later...
  • Employee

@ivan_531 - sorry for the delay on this. I missed the notification with your response. 

Can you share your unescaped XML? If you do not want to share it here, feel free to DM me or email it to me at jmisleh@omnissa.com.

I have seen this happen when you configure User Authentication, but there is no User certificate on the device that matches if you are using Cert Auth. 

If you want to share the XML file, I can take a look at it, as well as try writing a custom XML profile for you. 

Additionally, you can engage support if you need immediate assistance with this.