OS Optimization tool and MS Teams 404

MattDsa
Go to solution Solved by John Twilley,

I have a new golden image and it was working fine including being able to log in to the new MS Teams (new appx version). As a last step I ran the OS Optimization tool and it removed the new Teams along with other store apps. I then re-installed MS Teams but since then MS Teams logs in only 60-70 percent of the time and the rest is a 404 error. Repairing the app is no use and I have to log off and on and get a new VM (this is a non-persistent pool of floating assignments). Has anyone had this and does anyone know what can be unselected in the OS Optimization tool to stop this from happening? Thanks.

Hi @MattDsa,

I don't think the OSOT tool is responsible for causing the 404 errors, however it did probably remove the app when optimizing if it was selected to remove UWP apps. This can be corrected by using the New Teams bootstrapper after optimization and provisioning new teams.

For the 404 errors, are you using FSLogix Hotfix 4 to capture the Teams data? Most issues are caused when using the a version of FSLogix that isn't compatible with New Teams.

Stephen Wagner (President, Digitally Accurate Inc.)

VMware vExpert (vExpert Pro, vSphere, vSAN Awards), Omnissa Tech Insider, NVIDIA NGCA Advisor, VMUG Leader, and Director (Board of Directors) at World of EUC

Check out my Tech Blog: https://www.StephenWagner.com

Your 404 errors could be due to this odd bug from one of the Windows updates.  Deleted a few Registry Keys for the Windows Firewall will resolve that issue.  The issue is that the local firewall is blocking the Auth App from reaching out to Microsoft , thus the 404 error.  See the thread below.

Delete: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\RestrictedInterfaces\IfIso

Edited by John Twilley
  • Like 2

• Employee

As has been mentioned, I don't think the 404 errors are related to the use of OSOT.

But as you asked, there is a way to prevent OSOT from removing the new Teams app. I posted a blog with a workaround, https://techzone.omnissa.com/blog/how-optimize-horizon-golden-image-new-microsoft-teams-client

We also have included this in the next release of OSOT so that you can select to keep the Teams app in the UI. That is hopefully due soon.

• Like 3

The 404 errors are mostly related to issues introduced aroud February/March with certain Microsoft Patches.

There is a topic acout this with workarounds...
We currently use the netsh trace worakround and are currently not seeing any issues.

Would be nice though if the underlaying issues can be solved by Microsoft and/or Omnissa in the near future.

Senior Engineer (SDDC, EUC, DBA, Applications) at the Netherlands Cancer Institute - Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital (NKI-AVL)

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Robin - Try deleting the IfIso registry key.  (see thread above).  It is the root of the issue.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\RestrictedInterfaces\IfIso

Edited by John Twilley
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Robin Harmsen RadboutMC had a call with Microsoft about the 404 issue but support is urhmmm to cry for so to say (om te janken). Even with a severity 1 they didn't come with a solution. The 404 is not caused by Omnissa but a update from Microsoft. I don't get it why Microsoft isn't solving the issue. We delete the lflso key in the golden image and will remain doing so.

Senior technical specialst at Leiden University Medical Center (lumc)

We currently do not safe any Teams settings and let users login every day via SSO.
I am not sure whether we use the lflso key fix.

Next so solving this 404 issues, we were having other issues probably due to still using Office 2016.
We are woring on switchting/upgrading to Office 365 and also look into fixing this the right way and again safe Teams settings.

Senior Engineer (SDDC, EUC, DBA, Applications) at the Netherlands Cancer Institute - Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital (NKI-AVL)