Windows 11 Master Image and Optimization

Super6VCA

It's been a while since i had to create a new master imager for my Horizon environment.  All my current master images are 22h2 and will not update any further.  When i create a new image from an ISO everything goes well until I need to install apps.  It's very hard to explain but the new windows OS seems to freeze when trying to install any apps at all.  i can eventually get some installed but there is something definitely wrong.  I have tried different versions of Windows, all of which are supported.  i tried to open a ticket but they seem to blame things on Vcenter without any facts.  What I am curious about is if there are new instructions (KB) for installing and optimizing a win11 master image.  Here is what i have been using.  Creating an Optimized Windows Image for a VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop | VMware

Thank you, Perry

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Employee
Posted (edited)

It does sound like there is definitley some sort of lag for the VM you are using.

If you check the VM in vCenter, all is ok with the VM settings?...Network, storage e.t.c?

Do you have any templates to create a new VM or cloning an existing VM that produce the same kind of issue?

Are there any errors in the event viewer for the VM with the issue?

Edited by Clifford O Rourke