Onedrive sign in

Weslleyy

Hello everyone,

We have enabled OneDrive for some users, but I've noticed that the sign-in process doesn't always work as expected. Out of 10 login attempts, I get the prompt to sign in 4 times, with my email already pre-filled.

How have you set up OneDrive? Do you roam all settings using DEM or FSLogix? Are you experiencing similar login issues?

Kind regards,

Had some issues before... there was a scheduled task involved needed to be disabled some auto update stuff.. But it's been a while. so not sure if this is still relevant. When using FSlogix I only allow one captain on the ship. so when using FSLogix ODFC I do not use DEM to capture the 365 App Settings.  When using FSlogix profile containers. disable DEM Personalization with the advanced ADMX

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 2:46 AM, Weslleyy said:

Hello everyone,

We have enabled OneDrive for some users, but I've noticed that the sign-in process doesn't always work as expected. Out of 10 login attempts, I get the prompt to sign in 4 times, with my email already pre-filled.

How have you set up OneDrive? Do you roam all settings using DEM or FSLogix? Are you experiencing similar login issues?

Kind regards,

We use a bunch of the OneDrive Computer GPO policies to sign in the user and set certain OneDrive settings like Files on Demand, etc. Specifically, for signing in the user automatically, we use the setting is "Silently sign in users to the OneDrive sync app with their Windows credentials" under Computer Configuration/Policies/Administrative Templates/OneDrive.

Works 100% of the time and FSLogix Profile Containers is good about roaming the rest, even good when updating OneDrive versions on the image.

We do have a run once Logon Task in DEM for the initial setup for a brand-new user. This would launch it once so the user didn't have to do it. From then on, its always starting up on its own.

image.png.f90f4c588e28a5c689e67c2cac7f5d55.png

FYI, This is all for non-persistent W10 22H2 with FSLogix Profile Containers, running on Horizon Cloud next-gen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2024 at 8:21 AM, Weslleyy said:

Last what we did was delaying the startup in the appvolume of onedrive for 10 sec and that seems to be needed in this case

I'm having a similar issue with OneDrive... How did you delay the startup of OneDrive by 10 seconds?

Delaying OneDrive Start-up

1. Right-click on the OneDrive icon on the taskbar.
  2. Choose the “Settings” option.
  3. Go to the “Settings” tab.
  4. Uncheck the “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows” option.
  5. Press the “Ok” button.
  6. Open the Start menu.
  7. Search and open “Task Scheduler.”
  8. Click the “Create basic task” option.
  9. Type a name in the “Name” field.
  10. Press “Next.”
  11. Choose the “When the computer starts” option.
  12. Press “Next.”
  13. Choose the “Start a program” option.
  14. Press “Next.”
  15. Paste the below path in the “Program/Script” field. Replace the dummy username with the user name.
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
    or
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\OneDrive.exe"
  16. Type “/background” in the arguments field.
  17. Click “Next” to continue.
  18. Press the “Finish” button.
  19. Find the task in the Task Scheduler.
  20. Right-click on the task and choose “Properties.”
  21. Go to the “Triggers” tab.
  22. Select the “At Startup” entry.
  23. Press the “Edit” button.
  24. Select the “Delay task for” checkbox.
  25. Choose “15 Minutes” from the dropdown menu.
  26. Press “Ok” to save task changes.
  27. Close the Task Scheduler.
  28. With that, OneDrive will start with a delay in Windows.

@stephenlrose

• Like 1

Thanks @Stephen L Rose, I guess I should have asked a better question 🙂 I was more curious exactly what @Weslleyy did to resolve it for them.

In my case, no matter how I launch the OneDrive client (OneDrive.exe directly, /background, or /thfirstsetup) the silent sign-in will not complete automatically until exactly 20 minutes after it is launched. If I exit OneDrive and relaunch it, it will immediately sign-in... If I disable the AppVolumes service, OneDrive works without issue.

On 9/9/2024 at 4:17 PM, VDIGUYWI said:

Thanks @Stephen L Rose, I guess I should have asked a better question 🙂 I was more curious exactly what @Weslleyy did to resolve it for them.

In my case, no matter how I launch the OneDrive client (OneDrive.exe directly, /background, or /thfirstsetup) the silent sign-in will not complete automatically until exactly 20 minutes after it is launched. If I exit OneDrive and relaunch it, it will immediately sign-in... If I disable the AppVolumes service, OneDrive works without issue.

I made a triggerd task that does the folowing :  appvolumes logon-time apps deliverd

command C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
argument : /c start /min "" powershell.exe -WindowStyle Hidden -Command "Start-Sleep -Seconds 15; Start-Process 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\OneDrive.exe'"

Edited by Weslleyy

I would (and do!) put onedrive in the base image and exclude it in snapvol.cfg.  No sense pushing that through the onedrive AND fslogix filter drivers (and DEM/immflex??)  IMO.  

Also i had an SR recently where 4.13.4 appvol agent fixed a nasty memory leak w\ Onedrive files on demand.   

YMMV.

Edited by BenTrojahn

On 9/12/2024 at 9:27 PM, BenTrojahn said:

I would (and do!) put onedrive in the base image and exclude it in snapvol.cfg.  No sense pushing that through the onedrive AND fslogix filter drivers (and DEM/immflex??)  IMO.  

Also i had an SR recently where 4.13.4 appvol agent fixed a nasty memory leak w\ Onedrive files on demand.   

YMMV.

Why is in the base image better than a appvolume? tried both with the same outcome.

I don't see any obvious benefit to having it in an appvol and IMO just adds a layer of complexity that doesn't need to be there.  OneDrive sync app deferred ring is updated about every other month so that should easily fits in the base image monthly patch cycle so for me the simpler solution wins.

We also only use ODFC and the onedrive autologin works when the app starts up.  The only related account settings in policy are these two:

Silently sign in users to the OneDrive sync app with their Windows credentials Enabled

DisableFileSyncNGSC = DWORD:1

The last time I had OneDrive sign in issues was when 0365 accounts had some admin roles that had conditional MFA. 
Edited by BenTrojahn