"Red Box" Error Post SSL Certificate Update on Access Appliance

Go to solution Solved by Ion Voicu,

Dear Omnissa Community,

I am encountering a critical issue with my Access Appliance (on-prem v23.09.0.0 Build 22674549) following an update to the SSL certificate and a subsequent restart of the virtual machine. Upon reboot, the system displayed a "red box" error. Based on my research, it appears this issue might be related to OpenSearch, but I am uncertain about the exact cause and solution.

Here are the steps I have taken so far in an attempt to resolve the issue:

- Restored the Access SQL database to the state prior to the SSL certificate update.
- Attempted to restore the primary Access VM from an older backup (clone).
- Executed the command hznAdminTool configureBreakGlassLogin -enable -loginZero, which resulted in the following error:
"Caused by: liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by ..."

Despite these efforts, the issue persists, and I am unable to resolve the "red box" error. I suspect there might be a deeper issue related to the database (liquidbase) or OpenSearch that I am unable to address on my own.

RED BOX.png

Edited by Ion Voicu

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Employee
17 minutes ago, Robin Harmsen said:

Best raise a ticket with support I guess

I agree, this will require log analysis so best to raise a support request or look at the logs yourself.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I regained Access.

Many thanks John for your help!

To release the lock, we will need to clear it via the SQL Database using the below steps.  Please let us know if you'd prefer to schedule a call to run through this.

SQL Commands to check for lock

SELECT * FROM saas.DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK
SELECT * FROM saas.ACS_.DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK

If Lock I Found

Shut down Horizon Workspace on all Nodes using this command:

service horizon-workspace stop

Run the SQL command:

UPDATE saas.ACS_DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK set LOCKED=0, LOCKGRANTED=null, LOCKEDBY=null where ID=1;

UPDATE saas.DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK set LOCKED=0, LOCKGRANTED=null, LOCKEDBY=null where ID=1;

Start Horizon Workspace on the first Node using this command:

service horizon-workspace start

Monitor the logfile horizon.log until the application initialization is complete, without logging further deadlock warnings or change log lock.

Also I have to add, Opensearch started to work ok after I rebooted my nodes, one by one.

Edited by Ion Voicu

• 2 weeks later...