Persistent Disks for outlook profile - give me advice

adamba

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating Horizon to version 2306 where persistent disks are back. I would like to know the differences between FXLogix and vmware persistent disk solution for users outlook profiles. I don't want to mix vendors for better troubleshooting. So far, I have managed to migrate roaming profiles to DEM, and the Outlook profile is on a shared network share, but I have lost the ability to search mail (indexing??). I want to improve the user experience and am looking for the simplest solution to solve potential problems. What are the advantages and disadvantages both solutions (FXLogix vs VMWare_PersistentDisks)?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for FSLogix. This way the VM will be completely independent of the User Profile and you can use and throw the VMs. If you use persistent disks and you want to delete the VMs, you need to detach the disk and attach it back (this was in linked clones, but I assume its the same with instant clones) which can be a pain. There are plenty of resources available on FSLogix, and its pretty stable nowadays. 

I second the use of FSLogix. It made setting up instant clones for our O365 users much easier than using DEM. I'm using the full profile, not just the Office profiles. Just be aware you'll need to carve out a bit of storage for each user in advance and monitor that storage as it fills.