“https://vmwarepolicybuilder.com”The website is unavailable. How do I set the Policy for Windows CSP

Hao Xu
Go to solution Solved by Dylan Babcock,

• Employee
  • Solution
On 8/1/2024 at 4:48 AM, Thomas TERRIEN said:

Why don't you  create a "Windows (beta)" profile ?
It does the same as PolicyBulider, but better and integrated in WS1 😉

Agreed, this is the way it should be done. I think Policy Builder will not be updated in the future in favor of the Windows (Beta) platform type which has the same CSP's that Policy Builder does. 

• Insightful 1

On 8/2/2024 at 8:12 PM, Dylan Babcock said:

Agreed, this is the way it should be done. I think Policy Builder will not be updated in the future in favor of the Windows (Beta) platform type which has the same CSP's that Policy Builder does. 

BTW it would be cool if Omnissa could add all the ADMX_xxx Policy CSPs 😉

17 minutes ago, Dylan Babcock said:

@Thomas TERRIEN Curious, is there a specific ADMX_xxx policy you're looking to implement? Baselines are still a thing if you want to implement any GPO's that aren't available via Policy CSP yet, but just curious to see an example. 

ADMX_Power for instance, but it depends on what my clients are asking for 😄

I'm quite fluent in SyncML but some of my clients can be skeptical when I explain how to build custom profiles from scratch !

• Employee
1 hour ago, Thomas TERRIEN said:

ADMX_Power for instance, but it depends on what my clients are asking for 😄

I'm quite fluent in SyncML but some of my clients can be skeptical when I explain how to build custom profiles from scratch !

Understood. At this point, I think the proper path forward is to submit that as an idea at https://wsone.ideas.aha.io/?category=6787856840400996014. I appreciate you sharing the example. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 8:20 AM, Dylan Babcock said:

@Thomas TERRIEN Curious, is there a specific ADMX_xxx policy you're looking to implement? Baselines are still a thing if you want to implement any GPO's that aren't available via Policy CSP yet, but just curious to see an example. 

I'd like to create an account using the Accounts CSP: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mdm/accounts-csp

But the option is unavailable through a Windows (Beta) profile:

image.png.45b765fe24e6cff1dc0d625aa104dc65.png

Additionally, the Firewall CSP has a lot of fields with identical names, making it very difficult to figure out what applies to what.

I found the beta profiles to be useable for the most basic tasks at best. The policybuilder was such a great tool that saved tons of time. I really hope you bring it back.

The ADMX editor is blocked by Windows from running on our pcs. Got it to work however not all options are available in the ADMX which again makes the policybuilder a far superior tool.

For example in the wirelessdisply admx only 2 of the options are available while the policybuilder had all of them

AllowMdnsAdvertisement
AllowMdnsDiscovery
AllowMovementDetectionOnInfrastructure
AllowPCReceiverToBeTCPServer
AllowPCSenderToBeTCPClient
AllowProjectionFromPC
AllowProjectionFromPCOverInfrastructure
AllowProjectionToPC
AllowProjectionToPCOverInfrastructure
AllowUserInputFromWirelessDisplayReceiver
RequirePinForPairing

Edited by MichaelZ

On 8/2/2024 at 8:12 PM, Dylan Babcock said:

Unfortunately we are not in a position where we can use beta profiles that may or may not work as expected in our production environment. For example, we have spent days if not weeks trying to get the encryption template to work without any success. 2 minutes in policybuilder and a custom profile and everything worked.