Waiting for the management server after log and Password with DEP Enrolment

Maxime LELEU

Hi,

I created a DEP profile to wrap my MacOs,
All my DEP profiles work for my IOS

But when I want to wrap my MacOs after switch on,
I get the login screen so I can enter my login and password, 
I fill in the fields and the wrapping is accepted, 
Then I get a page that keeps turning up ‘Waiting for the management server’ and I often see the ‘address of my CnXXX.awmdm.com’ then ‘Waiting for the management server’.

My Mac appears embedded in the Workspace One UEM console but no profile comes down ....

after factory reset of MacOS I test again and it passes, I take another mac, same ....
this problem is random .... I may have missed something in my settings but the randomness makes me wonder.

It's not a network problem, I tested on an internet network without a firewall and found the same thing.

Do you have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Maxime

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Macos.jpg

Edited by Maxpong
upload picture

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Employee

Sometimes when we see this issue, it is because there are multiple macOS devices in the console with the same serial number. Please do a search by serial number from the top OG and verify that only one device populates. If there are multiple devices, please delete them and try enrollment again.

After deleting the devices, you may want to navigate to the lifecycle screen and perform an ABM sync. Log into ABM and ensure that the device in question is assigned to the proper MDM server. You may want to unassigned and reassign it. Then perform another ABM sync. 

If the issue persists, you can always open an SR or report back here. 

Thanks @Jason Misleh - I tried your recommendation and took it one step further stripping back the build to deploy 0 apps and 0 profiles to rule out a profile or app getting stuck during provisioning. The problem persists.
What are the next steps, please.

• Employee

Do you have "await configuration" turned on in the DEP profile? If so, turn it off and see if the enrollment completes. If this is the issue, then there is some configuration that the device is waiting for and I would recommend opening an SR to review logs and/or troubleshoot further.

16 hours ago, Jason Misleh said:

Do you have "await configuration" turned on in the DEP profile? If so, turn it off and see if the enrollment completes. If this is the issue, then there is some configuration that the device is waiting for and I would recommend opening an SR to review logs and/or troubleshoot further.

yes, we have this option to enable, but if we disable, we lose the ability to create an admin account automatically - and silently.

this is not the desired behaviour

compte.JPG

I've tried it with another blank DEP profile with no application or profile, and I get exactly the same result

and sometimes after 2 or 3 restorations the enrolment goes well,

the problem is random, I don't understand

evenement.JPG

Edited by Maxpong