Teams Freezing Intermittently – Requires Restart to Resume Functionality

SchwarzC

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with Microsoft Teams where the application randomly hangs at unpredictable intervals. The only way to resolve it is to quit the app and restart it. I have already used the "Report a Bug" feature in Teams, and we are running the latest version of the app.

Teams is installed on the Golden Image with the correct switch and was working well for the last months, it started happening for one user and now more and more users are affected.

Our current setup:

• Windows 10 22H2 (September patches applied)
  • FSLogix (latest version)
  • AppVolume (latest version)
  • DEM (latest version)
  • no Azure PRT

Has anyone experienced similar issues, and if so, were there any solutions or workarounds you found helpful? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Edited by SchwarzC

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much help but, yeah I've had that a couple times (no teams optimization) over the years.  Last was a couple months ago when "New Teams" came out.  I have attributed it to something "cloudy" 😉 with the current teams build and or the ms datacenter users are connecting to. 

"Sign out" of teams and clear Teams cache usually 'fixes' anything Teams related.  if that fixes it often you could have something in your profile being persisted that shouldn't.  You mentioned DEM and FSlogix... which is handling Teams local appdata? Reread MS documentation for profile roaming persistency.   I don't keep anything optional.  I recall these details changing a couple times from when we started testing new teams and when we rolled it out. and i THINK this helped with the last issue we had.